Friday, June 6, 2014

Wow. It has been a long time since I have written.
I have been busy, processing quite a bit, leaning into my new life, settling into the apartment, trying to find a job.

The main thing on my mind at the moment is my son's graduation tomorrow.

This is the end of an era. So many things have drawn to a close
This is not the way I dreamed things would be when he graduated. I thought two proud parents would stand together and we would breathe a sigh of relief and go off hand in hand.
No, it won't be my hand he is holding tomorrow.
And that's ok.

With every ending comes beginnings as well.
My son will start the next portion of his life, and so will I.

I am so proud of him.
Not so much for graduating, although I am glad that he has finished high school.
I am proud of him for being the caring person he is.
I am proud of him for being so comfortable in his own skin.
I love that boy.

Tomorrow will bring its own challenges and rewards.
Children grow up and move on with their lives.
Parents are left to figure out what to do now that their children are grown.

My relationship with my children has changed.
Once, I was their whole world; now, I am just a part of their world.
That is how it should be.
It all happens so quickly.

He fell asleep on my couch the other day, and I saw that small boy.
My heart tugs.
It is not easy letting go.
But let go, we must.

Namaste' ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment