Monday, June 30, 2014

Lull - A quiet port

REINVENT YOURSELF
Be the Change!

These words pop out from the collage I made yesterday to focus myself.

Change has been a keyword for me: change of life, change of habits, change in relationships, change of address, change in career...

I seem to have reached a lull. Tired of the storms, I sought out a calm and stable port.
My little apartment has afforded me a refuge, a quiet and secure place where I can rejuvenate.
The yoga studio and my kula of friends there have offered me support and sustenance.The church offers sanctuary.
My family and I are relaxing into our renegotiated relationships with each other. We have had some beautiful moments together.

The job search has not gone so well. I am at the point where the level of rejection is getting to me a bit.
I want to be useful. I need meaningful work.
I am a service oriented individual. I like to help people.

I have tried to stay busy doing things for the yoga studio, helping friends with writing projects.
In July I will finish my yoga teacher training.
I have been doing a bit of tutoring, but summer seems to have slowed everything down. I really enjoy working with students one-on-one.

So, like I said before, I am at a bit of a lull. Patience is not easy for me. This appears to be a time when I am waiting to see what plays out. I need to just relax and submit to waiting, while I try to get clear and focused on what it is that I want.

I am also reminded that reinventing does not mean that I have to throw everything out and start over. I can build a bridge between what I have and what I want. Like people keep telling me, I am an intelligent person with a good education. I have years of teaching experience. I have good organizational skills, I can talk to people, and I can problem solve. I'm even good with computer programs. I seem to work best with projects. I want to travel. My desire is to make a difference, to illicit change in people's lives. My level of empathy requires a deep connection with people and community.

I feel like I am on the edge of something. I want to press forward, but I am also hearing that I must have patience and wait.

What's next?

Namaste' ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment