Thursday, April 17, 2014

Re-entry

"When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high and don't be afraid of the dark. At the end of the storm is a clear blue sky..."

You know you are back in Texas when the name of the yoga class is "Yoga for Y'all." I felt right at home this morning driving down 290 in the Hill Country around Dripping Springs, thinking, "Yes, this is where I belong."

I felt like I could breathe easier even when I first landed last Monday morning.

It was an arduous trip from Eureka to Austin. I had to take a bus from Eureka to San Francisco, a train to the airport, a plane to Austin, then a bus to near Buda, and finally a taxi the rest of the way to end up on Jim and Valerie's porch. The whole thing took a total of 24 hours; I was exhausted, but so glad to be back.

For the last week, I was working Production Crew at Old Settler's Music Festival. What a great bunch of people. They made me feel like family. We worked hard and listened to lots of great music under the trees of Driftwood. Posh camping in Jim and Valerie's trailer and group meals around the fire. I felt embraced by the atmosphere and the people; I couldn't have asked for a better landing. Reminded me how important those things are to me. I had worried that I kept saying I wanted to go home but didn't have a home to go to. I needn't have worried; home is here, among friends and family. That's different from a house.

Now, I am in Dripping Springs with my cousins, and I couldn't be happier to be here.

I've been applying for jobs and looking for places to live. The anxiety is abetting. Things are starting to flow easier. I have confidence that "what will be, will be." I don't need to control it, but I do need to put forth the energy to receive.

I've been worrying that I don't really know what I want. How can I manifest the life I want when I don't know what that is? I'm learning to be patient. It will come. I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other. If I find I am going in the wrong direction, all I have to do is change course.

I'm visiting friends, people I love here and then heading down to the Houston/Galveston on Monday for the people I love there.



N'amaste' ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment