Monday, May 5, 2014

Ready to Climb Up


Coming back from East Texas on Friday, I began to panic.

I was heading "home," but there was no home to go to. 

The thought of returning to the stranger's house was inconceivable. I needed a soft place to land.

Thank God for good friends. I have a dear friend who has been by side since the very beginning of this landslide, helping me negotiate the shifting earth beneath my unsteady feet. She has nurtured me through the divorce proceedings like a mother bear; she understands. She's been going through all the twists and turns herself; she's just a little further down on steadier ground.

She welcomed me into her home the way her guide had welcomed her.
Finally, I feel safe.
And, not so alone. 

It won't be long until I have a job and can get my own apartment. I have my first interviews this week. I am starting to dream of my own place, which means I will be able to do it.

I can see the fog beginning to lift.

I know that the difficult times are not behind me, but I do think that the worst part is passing.

I have a long climb to get back up the mountain, but I finally feel like I have my climbing gear on.

Namaste' ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment