Saturday, December 21, 2013

Me & Mr. Cobb

Me & Mr. Cobb

I've been in Eureka a week now, but we've only had the house to ourselves for a few days. We've settled into a nice groove here. The chickens have to be let out in the morning, Annie enjoys her walks, I've settled into cooking again in a strange kitchen.
Keith makes his calls, does his work, talks and talks and talks...I run errands, write, cook, do yoga, listen to him talk :-)
Neither one of us feels as old as we seem to be. We met about 38 years ago. Keith turns 51 in a few days, but I think we both still feel like teenagers inside.
I have a big-old, high school crush on this guy.
I also have a deep, rapturous, adult love for him.
I have never known anyone like him, not since my daddy died.
He's the only man that even comes close to Judge Roy Engelke.
He's honorable, ethical, intelligent, and kind.
He's also stubborn, demanding, and highly opinionated.
He makes me feel safe and cared for, like I am capable of anything.
He not only accepts me as I am, but he encourages me to be a better me, not different, just better.
And I accept him...just as he is.
He listens to me and seems to understand me better than I sometimes do myself.
I've never had anyone be so present with me, and I have never felt so present, either.
I'm cherishing this moment. And the next. And the next.
One at a time.
Breathe.

2 comments:

  1. I am familiar with that talking and talking part. Boy sure does spout some hot air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot air is what it takes for giant balloons to be able to allow people to rise and soar!

    Bitch.

    Your pal,
    Keith

    ReplyDelete