Saturday, November 22, 2014

November is a Dangerous Month





I’m attracted to the number 11.
Whenever I see the number on a clock, I pause.

My daughter was born on 11-1.
My father was born in November too.

We get our first cold, dreary days in November.

It’s the official start of the holidays. We get warmed up at Halloween and Day of the Dead. People start their Thankfulness practices. It gets colder and drearier. We need to remember what we are thankful for because life literally begins to get darker every day. We are going into the night, the end of the year.

It is no surprise that this month marks both the official and un-official end dates of my marriage. My divorce was final one year ago, and I began this blog. That marked the end of the year after my ex-husband announced his desire to end our marriage. The anniversary seems to call for some reflection but not too much.

We have a choice whether to accept the darkness or to fight against it. In this case, the weapon is love and a different outlook. Things have changed quite a lot in a year. I am very thankful. Not everything is exactly the way I would like it to be. That’s ok. I have to learn to accept these things that I cannot change. I am no longer angry.

I end this year of transitions in yet another transition. I am finally making a move back to the Texas Hill Country. It feels that I have come full circle. It will be a place to rest and build a foundation. I have been tying down my kite string in Buda for the past year. It is time for me to secure that attachment.

A year ago, I spent my first Thanksgiving holiday not with my children and husband. My friends Jim and Val generously invited me to spend it with their kids and grandkids. It was a nice time. It is the support and love of friends like these that has strengthened me. I am thankful for them.


Namaste’ ya’ll.

No comments:

Post a Comment